Postdoctoral Researcher (2013)
Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, University of the Basque Country
Office: Bldg 70-123
Phone: (510) 486-5838
Click here for resume.
The development of new polymer electrolytes would solve one of the main materials challenges in the battery field. The use of polymer electrolytes would eliminate the need for containment of the liquid electrolyte, simplifying cell design. However, the main disadvantage of all these polymer electrolytes is the ambipolar conductivity. For this reason, my research is focused on single ion conduction in nanohybrid block copolymers that could avoid this ambipolar conductivity, keeping good ionic conductivities and improving the mechanical properties.
1. I. Villaluenga, X. Bogle, S. Greenbaum, I. Gil de Muro, T. Rojo, M. Armand "Cation only conduction in new polymer–SiO2 nanohybrids: Na+ electrolytes" J. Mater. Chem. A , 2013, 1, 8348.
2. B. Faure, G. Salazar-Alvarez, A. Ahniyaz, I. Villaluenga, G. Berriozabal, Y. De Miguel, L. Bergström "Dispersion and surface functionalization of oxide nanoparticles for transparent photocatalytic and UV protecting coatings and sunscreens" Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater., 2013, 14, 023001.
3. V. Palomares , P. Serras , I. Villaluenga , K.B. Hueso , J. Carretero-González, T. Rojo "Na-ion batteries, recent advances and present challenges to become low cost energy storage systems" Energy Environ. Sci., 2012, 5, 5884-5901. (Top ten in February 2012).
4. F.-L. Toma, L.M. Berger, D. Jacquet, D. Wicky, I. Villaluenga, Y.R. de Miguel, J.S. Lindelov "Comparative study on the photocatalytic behaviour of titanium oxide thermal sprayed coatings from powders and suspensions" Surface & Coatings Technology, 2009, 203, 2150-2156.
5. S. Lage, I. Villaluenga, N. Sotomayor, E. Lete." Synthesis of Pyrrolo[1,2-b]isoquinolines through Mesityllithium-Mediated Intramolecular Carbolithiation" Synlett, 2008, 20, 3188-3192.
1. M. Armand, I. Villaluenga, T. Rojo, "Hybrid electrolytes" Patent No. EP12382290.0, 2012.
2. Y.R. de Miguel, I. Villaluenga, G. Berriozabal, J. Tenas." Hybrid photocatalytic coatings, method for applying said coatings to different subtrates and uses of the substrates thus coated" Patent Pub. No. WO/2012/069672, 2010.
3. Y.R. de Miguel, I. Villaluenga, A. Porro. "Method for obtaining photocatalytic coatings on metal substrates" Patent Pub. No. WO/2010/122182, 2009.