Home | Research | Members | Photos | Ken Raymond | Publications | Links
A full list of Ken Raymond's publications can be found here.
527. Piper J. Klemm, William C. Floyd III, Christopher M. Andolina, Jean M. J. Fréchet, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Conjugation to Biocompatible Dendrimers Increases Lanthanide T2 Relaxivity of Hydroxypyridinone Complexes for Magnetic Resonance Imaging,” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2012, Early View. Invited for the Metal-Based MRI Probes Issue.
526. Piper J. Klemm, William C. Floyd III, Danil E. Smiles, Jean M. J. Fréchet, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Improving T1 and T2 Magnetic Resonance Imaging Contrast Agents through the Conjugation of an Esteramide Dendrimer to High-Water-Coordination Gd(III) Hydroxypyridinone Complexes,” Contrast Media Mol. Imaging 2012, 7, 95-99.
525. Ga-Lai Law, Tiffany A. Pham, Jide Xu, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “A Single Sensitizer for the Excitation of Visible and NIR Lanthanide Emitters in Water with High Quantum Yields,” Angew. Chem., Intl. Ed. Engl. 2012, Early View.
524. Kenneth N. Raymond and Casey J. Brown, “Inner and Outer Beauty,” in Top. Curr. Chem., Vol. 323, L. Fabbrizzi, Ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2012, pp. ___.
523. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Equilibrium Isotope Effects on Noncovalent Interactions in a Supramolecular Host–Guest System,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011 ASAP.
522. Colin Correnti, Matthew C. Clifton, Rebecca J. Abergel, Ben Allred, Trisha M. Hoette, Mario Ruiz, Ranieri Cancedda, Kenneth N. Raymond, Fiorella Descalzi, and Roland K. Strong, “Galline Ex-FABP Is an Antibacterial Siderocalin and a Lysophosphatidic Acid Sensor Functioning through Dual Ligand Specificities,” Structure 2011, 19, 1796 – 1806.
521. Jide Xu, Todd M. Corneillie, Evan G. Moore, Ga-Lai Law, Nathaniel G. Butlin, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Octadentate Cages of Tb(III) 2-Hydroxyisophthalamides: A New Standard for Luminescent Lanthanide Labels,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 19900–19910.
520. Courtney J. Hastings, Mikael P. Backlund, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond “Enzyme-like Control of Carbocation Deprotonation Regioselectivity in Supramolecular Catalysis of the Nazarov Cyclization,” Angew. Chem., Intl. Ed. Engl. 2011, 50, 10570-10573.
519. Trisha M. Hoette, Matthew C. Clifton, Anna M. Zawadzka, Meg A. Holmes, Roland K. Strong, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Immune Interference in Mycobacterium tuberculosis Intracellular Iron Acquisition through Siderocalin Recognition of Carboxymycobactins,” ACS Chem. Biol. 2011, 6, 1327–1331.
518. Joseph Jankolovits, Christopher M. Andolina, Jeff W. Kampf, Kenneth N. Raymond, and Vincent L. Pecoraro, “Assembly of Near-Infrared Luminescent Lanthanide Host(Host– Guest) Complexes With a Metallacrown Sandwich Motif,” Angew. Chem., Intl. Ed. Engl. 2011, 50, 9660–9664.
517. Praveena D. Garimella, Ankona Datta, Dante W. Romanini, Kenneth N. Raymond, and Matthew B. Francis, “Multivalent, High-Relaxivity MRI Contrast Agents Using Rigid Cysteine-Reactive Gadolinium Complexes,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 14704–14709.
516. Casey J. Brown, Gregory M. Miller, Miles W. Johnson, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “High-Turnover Supramolecular Catalysis by a Protected Ruthenium(II) Complex in Aqueous Solution,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, ASAP.
515. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “1H NMR Chemical Shift Calculations as a Probe of Supramolecular Host–Guest Geometry,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 11205–11212.
514. Chengbao Ni, David K. Shuh and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Uranyl Sequestration: Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Uranyl Complexes with a Tetradentate Methylterephthalamide Ligand,” Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 6392-6394.
513. Géza Szigethy and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Hexadentate Terephthalamide(bis-hydroxypyridinone) Ligands for Uranyl Chelation: Structural and Thermodynamic Consequences of Ligand Variation,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 7942–7956.
512. Z. Jane Wang, Casey J. Brown, Robert G. Bergman, Kenneth N. Raymond, and F. Dean Toste, “Hydroalkoxylation Catalyzed by a Gold(I) Complex Encapsulated in a Supramolecular Host,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 7358–7360.
511. William C. Floyd, III, Piper J. Klemm, Danil E. Smiles, Ayano C. Kohlgruber, Valérie C. Pierre, Justin L. Mynar, Jean M. J. Fréchet, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Conjugation Effects of Various Linkers on Gd(III) MRI Contrast Agents with Dendrimers: Optimizing the Hydroxypyridinonate (HOPO) Ligands with Nontoxic, Degradable Esteramide (EA) Dendrimers for High Relaxivity,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 2390–2393
510. Géza Szigethy and Kenneth N. Raymond, “The Influence of the Linker Geometry in Bis(3-hydroxy-N-methyl-pyridin-2-one) Ligands on Solution-Phase Uranyl Affinity,” Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 1818-1827.
509. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Geza Szigethy, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Encapsulated Guest−Host Dynamics: Guest Rotational Barriers and Tumbling as a Probe of Host Interior Cavity Space,” J. Am Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 16256–16264.
508. Evan G. Moore, Jide Xu, Christoph J. Jocher, Todd M. Corneillie, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Eu(III) Complexes of Functionalized Octadentate 1-Hydroxypyridin-2-ones: Stability, Bioconjugation, and Luminescence Resonance Energy Transfer Studies,” Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49, 9928–9939.
507. Rebecca Abergel, Patricia W. Durbin, Birgitta R Kullgren , Shirley Ebbe, Jide Xu, Polly Chang, Deborah I Bunin, Eleanor A Blakely, Kathleen A. Bjornstad, Chris J Rosen, David K Shuh, Kenneth N. Raymond, “Biomimetic Actinide Chelators: An Update on the Preclinical Development of the Orally Active Hydroxypyridonate Decorporation Agents 3,4,3-Li(1,2-Hopo) and 5-Lio(Me-3,2-Hopo),” Health Physics 2010, 99, 401-407.
506. Guanhu Bao, Matthew Clifton, Trisha M Hoette, Kiyoshi Mori, Shi-Xian Deng, Andong Qiu, Melanie Viltard, David Williams, Neal Paragas, Thomas Leete, Ritwij Kulkarni, Xiangpo Li, Belinda Lee, Avtandil Kalandadze, Adam J Ratner, Juan Carlos Pizarro, Kai M Schmidt-Ott, Donald W Landry, Kenneth N Raymond, Roland K Strong and Jonathan Barasch, “Iron traffics in circulation bound to a siderocalin (Ngal)–catechol complex,” Nature Chemical Biology, 2010, 6, 602-609.
505. Kenneth N. Raymond, Daniel L. Wellman, Carmelo Sgarlata, and Aru P. Hill, “Curvature of the Lanthanide Contraction: An Explanation,” Comptes Rendus Chimie, 2010, 13, 849-852. Invited paper for issue dedicated to the chemistry of the f-elements in honor of Jean-Claude Bünzli and his retirement from EPFL.
504. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Dorothea Fiedler, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “A Ferrocene-Based Catecholamide Ligand: the Consequences of Ligand Swivel for Directed Supramolecular Self-Assembly,” J. Coord. Chem. 2010, 63, 2779 – 2789.
503. Gza Szigethy and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Influence of Linker Geometry on Uranyl Complexation by Rigidly Linked Bis(3-hydroxy-N-methyl-pyridin-2-one),” Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49, 6755–6765.
502. Amanda P. S. Samuel, Jamie L. Lunkley, Gilles Muller, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Strong Circularly Polarized Luminescence from Highly Emissive Terbium Complexes in Aqueous Solution,” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2010, 3343–3347.
501. Courtney J. Hastings, Michael D. Pluth, Robert G. Bergman and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Enzymelike Catalysis of the Nazarov Cyclization by Supramolecular Encapsulation,” J. Am Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 6938–6940.
500. Rosalie K. Hocking, Serena DeBeer George, Kenneth N. Raymond, Keith O. Hodgson, Britt Hedman, and Edward I. Solomon, “Fe L-Edge X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Determination of Differential Orbital Covalency of Siderophore Model Compounds: Electronic Structure Contributions to High Stability Constants,” J. Am Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 4006–4015.
499. Evan G. Moore, Jide Xu, Sheel C. Dodani, Christoph J. Jocher, Anthony D’Aleo, Michael Seitz, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “1-Methyl-3-hydroxy-pyridin-2-one Complexes of Near Infra-Red Emitting Lanthanides: Efficient Sensitization of Yb(III) and Nd(III) in Aqueous Solution,” Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49, 4156–4166.
498. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Robert G. Bergman and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Does Size Really Matter? The Steric Isotope Effect in a Supramolecular Host–Guest Exchange Reaction,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 3635 –3637. Inside cover.497. Wassana Yantasee, Glen E. Fryxell, George A. Porter, Kanda Pattamakomsan, Vichaya Sukwarotwat, Wilaiwan Chouyyok, View Koonsiripaiboon, Jide Xu and Kenneth N. Raymond, “ Novel Sorbents for Removal of Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents in Sorbent Dialysis and Hemoperfusion: Preventive Approaches to Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF),” Nanomedicine 2010, 6, 1-8.
496. Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Robert G. Bergman, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “High Precision Measurement of Isotope Effects on Noncovalent Host-Guest Interactions,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 1182–1183.
495. Carmelo Sgarlata, Jeffrey S. Mugridge, Michael D. Pluth, Bryan E. F. Tiedemann, Valeria Zito, Giuseppe Arena and Kenneth N. Raymond, “External and Internal Guest Binding of a Highly Charged Supramolecular Host in Water: Deconvoluting the Very Different Thermodynamics,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 1005-1009.
494. Melissa K. Wilson, Rebecca J. Abergel, Jean E. L. Arceneaux, Kenneth N. Raymond and B. Rowe Byers, “Temporal Production of the Two Bacillus anthracis Siderophores, Petrobactin and Bacillibactin,” Biometals 2010, 23, 129–134.
493. Wassana Yantasee, Glen E. Fryxell, R. Shane Addleman, Robert J. Wiacek, View Koonsiripaiboon, Kanda Pattamakomsan, Vichaya Sukwarotwat , Jide Xu and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Selective removal of lanthanides from natural waters, acidic streams and dialysate,” J. Hazard. Mater. 2009, 168, 1233-1238.
492. Anna M. Zawadzka, Youngchang Kim, Natalia Maltseva, Rita Nichiporuk, Yao Fan, Andrzej Joachimiak, and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Characterization of a Bacillus subtilis transporter for petrobactin, an anthrax stealth siderophore,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 2009, 106, 21854-21859.
491. Géza Szigethy and Kenneth N. Raymond, “Designing the Ideal Uranyl Ligand: a Sterically Induced Speciation Change in Complexes with Thiophene-Bridged Bis(3-hydroxy- N-methylpyridin-2-one),” Inorg. Chem. 2009, 48, 11489–11491.
490. Anthony D'Aléo, Jide Xu, King Do, Gilles Muller and Kenneth N. Raymond, “A [Cyclentetrakis(methylene)]tetrakis[2-hydroxybenzamide] Ligand That Complexes and Sensitizes Lanthanide(III) Ions,” Helv. Chim. Acta. 2009, 92, 2439-2460. Invited paper Dedicated to Professor Jean-Claude Bünzli on the occasion of his 65th birthday.