|purple or red cabbage||10-12 museum jars|
|vinegar||glass stirring rod for each museum jar|
|ammonia all purpose cleaner||cutting board|
|drain cleaner or lye||(2) 1000mL beakers|
|baking soda||thick paper towels|
|carbonated or seltzer water||light box|
|muriatic acid||2X4 board covered with white paper|
1. Arrange museum jars and samples as shown (reverse - acid on left) by simplified illustration.
2. Put water into museum jars, 2/5 capacity for liquid samples and 3/5 for solid samples.
3. Blend cabbage with water and filter juice through paper towel into 1 liter beaker.
4. For each sample, dissolve with stirring in museum jar, add cabbage juice with stirring -- explain -- continue with next sample.
5. Be amazed as the beautiful colors dazzle and delight your eyes.
(oooooohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!)
Simplified (acid should be on left) Illustration:
Photo (acid should be on left):